The Veterinary Neurological Center is interested in meeting individuals who are looking to complement our excellent staff in Phoenix. If you have a genuine concern for pets and want to provide the highest possible care to our clients, patients and referring veterinarians, we invite you to apply for one of the following positions:
The Veterinary Neurological Center in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking an excellent Neurologist/Neurosurgeon to join our skilled and experienced neurological team. Core responsibilites include clinical neurology, neurosurgery, neruology resident training, and continuing education presentations to the local veterinary community.
Privately owned and operated, the VNC has been serving Arizona veterinarians for nearly 35 years and is the premier neurology referral practice in the state. The practice is housed in a 6800 sq. ft. stand-alone facility dedicated entirely to small animal neurology and neurosurgery. In-house diagnostic and surgical capabilites include in-house CSF analysis, electrodiagnostics, computed radiography, CT, and MR (GE 1.5T with GE's most advanced gradient package), operating microscope, and CUSA (3D printing for surgical templates coming soon).
The VNC, through design and execution, is committed to providing personalized service and uncompromised quality of medical care to each special patient, the clients who care deeply for them and the veterinarians who entrust us. The dedication and hard work of our talented support team along with systems that have been refined over years of practice, ensure efficiency in the daily case flow and a healthy, enjoyable work environment. The VNC’s well-established neurology residency program has graduated 16 board-certified neurologists over the past 2 decades and starting in July will maintain 3 residents (1st, 2nd, 3rd year). This consistent infusion of young talent provides extra case support to the neurologists and fertile grounds for collaboration, research and innovative therapies. A generous compensation package includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement plan, continuing education allocation, and six weeks annual vacation.
As one of the largest and most diverse cities in the country, Phoenix truly has it all: the conveniences of a progressive metropolis (entertainment, authentic restaurants, all 4 major professional sports), ready access to the Southwest's natural beauty and pleasant climate, ideal for the outdoor enthusiast (trail riding, hiking, kayaking, golfing) while only being a few hours away from the ski slopes, Las Vegas entertainment and the California coast. The VNC’s central location within Phoenix is convenient for clients coming from any part of the Valley.
If you wish to consider joining us in the heart of one of the most progressive metropolitan areas in the country with ready access to the Southwest's natural beauty, please submit your cover letter and CV to:
Trevor Moore, DVM, DACVIM Neurology
4202 E. Raymond Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85040-1935
Ph: (602) 437-1488
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no opening for a Technician. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for Technician Assistants or Caretakers. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center is currently seeking a full-time (M-F, occasionally Sa) Client Service Representative to work alongside our Front Office Team. This person will work as a CSR, but if proven and eager to take on responsibilities, will have the opportunity to also work in an administrative/managerial role, as detailed below. This is a unique opportunity for a hard working individual interested in learning and personal growth. The VNC is committed to hiring professional, positive, and passionate individuals who will be a good fit with our existing excellent team and contribute to an enjoyable environment for all employees to work together to provide extraordinary care to each patient, client, and the veterinarians who refer them to us.1. Veterinary Client Service Representative (CSR)
Care for clients over the phone and in person by communicating to doctors how their needs can best be met. The CSR position at the Veterinary Neurological is technically challenging for any individual because there are numerous details required in all processes to ensure the very best service is ensured for each case.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills to work well with others and communicate effectively with
clients, doctors, and fellow colleagues
- Basic Computer Skills and knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office, email software)
- Proficient Typist able to accurately input 60 words per minute
- Meticulous Detail in all aspects of each task
- Advanced Multi-Tasking Skills to prioritize and accomplish deadlines
- Strong Listening Aptitude to follow proper procedures and discuss areas of improvement
- Love and Compassion for Animals and the people that care for them
- Desire to Learn and Grow and contribute with your colleagues
Additional responsibility will be available after an initial training period as a CSR, and once
- has become proficient as a CSR at the Veterinary Neurological Center
- has exhibited excellent leadership qualities
- actively seeks out responsibility while striving to uphold and promote quality in all processes
will be based on current circumstances in one or more of the following capacities:
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resources Manager
- Technical Writer
- Strong Character to understand that core values are a vital ingredient in our hospital's success
- Leadership Ability: to motivate and promote positive and professional tendencies
- Responsible: and follows through with commitments
- Highly Organized: facilitating efficiency in all aspects of job
- Self-Motivated: to accept much more than just the status quo
- "Think outside the box" and notice problems and brainstorm, discuss and implement solutions
- Technically Savvy: to utilize computers and software to easily convert ideas into reality
- Writing Proficiency to convey messages and thoughts that truly connect with the target audience
- Excellent Communication with doctors and other individuals to efficiently collaborate and execute plans
- Assertive: enabling him/her to follow through with others and take lead on projects
- Achieve Quality: by noticing solutions and following established systems and processes
- Humility: to welcome and learn from positive critique and suggestions
- Thoughtful Decision-Making Ability: via thorough examination and consideration of all factors,
resulting in the best direction to take
The Veterinary Neurological Center offers a competitive salary and health insurance, retirement plan, and vacation benefits. Please fax or email your cover letter and resume, attention: Nancy Shaffer (Front Office Supervisor). If you are contacted for an interview please fill out our Employment Application prior to your arrival.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no opening for a Part-Time CSR Assistant. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.