Thank you for scheduling an appointment for your pet with the VNC. We have implemented protocols to mitigate the transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 so you, your family, your pet, our team members, and their families are kept as safe as possible while still providing excellent communication, medical expertise, and exceptional care for your beloved family member. These include:
- New cleaning protocols
- Providing / Wearing face masks
- HEPA filter air purifiers in lobby and exam room
- Option for clients to meet with doctors and team members remotely
- Amenities for clients who wish to remain outside and meet remotely
This document is meant to give an overview of our current policies and other important information to keep in mind for your pet’s upcoming appointment. Please let us know ahead of time if you have any questions or concerns so that we can ensure your visit is as safe as possible.
- Regular Cleaning of Surfaces/Objects: Any surface or object that a client or team member comes in contact with will be cleaned regularly with the disinfectant Rescue. The active ingredient in Rescue is accelerated hydrogen peroxide which has been shown to be effective at killing SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Our cleaning protocol is as follows:
- Surfaces inside and outside the clinic are sprayed down with disinfectant at the beginning of the day, after client use, and periodically throughout the day.
- Disinfectant is allowed to sit for 5-10 minutes for maximum viricidal efficacy.
- Surface is sprayed down again and wiped dry with a clean hand towel with team member wearing gloves and mask
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer bottles are available throughout the clinic and automatic dispensers are located by each doorway.
- HEPA Filter Air Purifiers: As COVID-19 is an airborne virus, HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter air purifiers have been placed in the lobby and in each exam room.
Interaction Via Zoom: The VNC has instituted a system to allow for all interaction with the doctor, and most of the interaction with other team members, to be done digitally via an iPad. If you choose to meet remotely the iPad will be provided to you when you arrive for your appointment. The VNC will be utilizing the video conferencing application Zoom to conduct these interactions. The following are important details to keep in mind regarding this system:
- Park Near Front Entrance: Please park as close to our front entrance as possible. This is to ensure the iPad provided has a strong Wi-Fi connection. This is done to prevent any potential issues such as lag in video and audio or loss of connection to the video/audio stream.
- Using the iPad: An iPad will be provided to you by a Client Service Representative when you arrive along with a mask. The following are important details about the iPad provided to you:
- Zoom Meeting Will be Started For You: the Zoom meeting/video conference will already be started when the iPad is provided to you so that you do not have to worry about opening and connecting to the video conference yourself.
- iPad Disinfection: iPads are also disinfected after each use.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Please avoid placing the iPad in direct sunlight as this may cause the iPad to overheat and power down as a result.
- Adding Participants: If there are additional family members, co-owners, etc. that wish to participate in the video conference, but are not present, we can assist in adding them as additional participants in the video conference.
- Web-Cam and Neurological Exam Issues: The doctor may or may not perform the neurological exam on video due to the webcam’s limited field of view. If the exam is not filmed, then the doctor will meet with you following the exam to discuss his/her findings and recommendations.
- Staying Cool: You are welcome to remain in your car for the duration of your time at the VNC. If you opt for this, please be sure that you have good air conditioning in your car and that you will not run the risk of overheating in the parking lot, especially during the summer. Please let us know if any questions or concerns arise that we can assist you with. Alternatively, we have the following options available if you do not wish to remain in your car:
- Tents: The VNC has 2 tents that can be set up with a table, chairs, and evaporative coolers to provide a shaded area for clients if they choose to meet remotely with the doctor and remain outside. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns arise while onsite and we will accommodate you as best we can.
- Patio: In the back of the clinic the VNC has a covered patio that was recently remodeled and is available for clients with tables and chairs set up as well as evaporative coolers. The patio will be divided so that two clients can be present at once while maintaining safe social distance. If you have questions or concerns at any time, please let us know so that we can address them.
- Ice Boxes for Clients: On the tables in the tents or on the patio there will be coolers provided for clients. These coolers contain snacks as well as bottled water for you and your pet.
- If you need more water or snacks, please feel free to take from another cooler, use the iPad, or call (602) 437-1488 to request more water/snacks or to relay any other questions or concerns you may have and we will do our best to accommodate you
The Doctors and Support Team at the Veterinary Neurological Center