There are 2 primary purposes of the website:
- To provide an overview of the services that the Veterinary Neurological Center offers to owners, their pets, and referring veterinarians. Guests will quickly be able to navigate throughout the website to gain an overall understanding of the VNC.
- To provide detailed information about veterinary neurology in general. Guests seeking such information will find links throughout the website that provide elaboration on veterinary-related words and topics.
Both types of users may find the following tips helpful, starting with Navigating the Site►.
Links to Additional Information
The following 4 types of links are tailored for guests in search of more detailed explanations about a concept or term:
- Black words that become underlined when scrolled over will direct the guest to another page within the website. Pressing the back button in the browser will return the user to the previous page.
- Maroon words (click here) provide information (e.g. overviews of particular neurological disorders, pictures of anatomical structures, videos, etc.) contained in a page linked to an outside University or veterinary-related website. Once finished viewing the page, the user may discard it from the desktop by pressing the X button in the browser. A list of all the websites linked from vetneuro.com and their web addresses is located in the Links page of the Resources section.
- Green words (click here) link to forms or articles that are in portable document format (PDF). Adobe Acrobat Reader® software is required in order to view these PDF pages from your computer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader®, click here to download a free version of the software.
- Blue words (click here) will bring up a popup window that elaborates on a concept or provides a definition from the Glossary►.
The Neurology Overview is a tool for guests who are interested in gaining a basic understanding of veterinary neurology. Located in the Resources section of the website, this page provides information about how the nervous system works, an outline of neuroanatomy and neurological terms, and classification of neurological diseases. This umbrella of introductory neurological information will provide guests with the basic tools to process more complex concepts found throughout the website.
Printing a Web Page
Press the print icon in the lower right hand corner of the desired page. A new window will pop up with a printable document. If the window does not appear, try turning off the pop-up blocker in the web browser's preferences.
Thank you to all the individuals who have contributed to our website. In particular, Tony Romano for his time to capture many of the excellent content pictures seen in the website and the group from NetProCity.com (James, Jared, and Michael) for the many hours of guidance and patience which they provided during the design of vetneuro.com.
No, that choice is incorrect. Please try again.
Yes, that choice is correct. Click here to continue.
AFTER HOURS VETERINARIAN CONSULT LINE
An after hours phone line, exclusively for veterinarians requiring an emergency neurological consult is available for the Phoenix hospital. Call this number to speak directly to a VNC staff veterinarian. Non-urgent messages may still be left on the voice recorder at our main office number.
- If you do not have this number or have not received a magnetic card with this information, please contact us.
- If you do not have this number and it is after hours, contact one of the emergency animal clinics who will have the phone number on file.