The Veterinary Neurological Center is interested in meeting individuals who are looking to complement our excellent staff in Phoenix. If you have a genuine concern for pets and want to provide the highest possible care to our clients, patients and referring veterinarians, we invite you to apply for one of the following positions:
The Veterinary Neurological Center in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking a clinical neurologist/neurosurgeon. Duties include clinical neurology, neurosurgery, neurology resident training, and continuing education presentations to the local veterinary community. Serving Arizona veterinarians for more than 30 years, the VNC is the premier neurology referral practice in Arizona. The practice is housed in a 6800 sq. ft. stand-alone facility dedicated entirely to small animal neurology and neurosurgery. Diagnostic capabilities include in house csf analysis, electrodiagnostics, computed radiography, CT and MR (GE 1.5T) imaging.
A generous compensation package includes medical/dental insurance, retirement plan, continuing education allocation, and six weeks annual vacation. After hours consultations and weekend emergency duties are divided amongst 4 neurologists and the neurology resident(s).
If you wish to consider joining us in the heart of one of the most progressive metropolitan areas in the country with ready access to the Southwest's natural beauty please submit your cover letter and CV to:
Scott Plummer, DVM, DACVIM Neurology
4202 E. Raymond Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85040-1935
Ph: (602) 437-1488
Fax: (602) 437-5425
The nation's first private veterinary neurological hospital is hiring. The Veterinary Neurological Center is currently seeking a Full-Time Technician, preferabley certified or in training, to work alongside our skilled and dedicated support team assisting our neurologists. This person will contribute primarily as a Technician, but if proven, will have the opportunity to also work in an administrative managerial role as detailed below. This is a unique opportunity for a positive, hard working individual who is inspiried by our synergistic culture, which fosters learning and growth, and leads to continual opportunities for those embracing responsibility.
The VNC is committed to hiring professional, positive, and passionate individuals who will be a good fit with our existing, excellent team and contribute to an enjoyable environment where each employee works together to achevie the goal of extraordinary care to each patient, client, and the veterinarians who refer them to us.
Work with doctors and technicians to help ensure each patient is receving the highest quality care when hospitalized and before, during, and after anesthetic procedures. Work efficiently as a team tp help the day flow smoothly.
- Animal Restraint
- Jugular Venipuncture
- IV Catheterization
- Anesthesia Monitoring
- Client Communication
- Surgical Monitoring
- +/- CT Scanning
- +/- CSF Analysis
- +/- MRI Scanning
- Love and compassion for animals...treat each patient as your own.
- Professional, responsible, and eager to assist technicians and doctors with each case.
- Team-Oriented with a positive attitude that facilitates efficiency and contributes to an enjoyable environment.
- Follow proper procedures and questions processes if unclear or notice areas of improvement.
- Desire to learn and grow and contribute to an environment based on those ideals.
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of each case.
- Self-motivated to seek out additional responsibility, especially during slow periods.
2. Technician Administrative AssistantDescription:
Additional responsibility will be available to the employee after an initial training period as a Technician and once the candidate:
- has become proficient as a Technician at the Veterinary Neurological Center
- has exhibited excellent leadership qualities
- actively seeks out responsibility while striving to uphold and promote quality in all processes
The area of responsibility could vary depending on skills and proficiency, but the opportunity to assist/manage will be available based on current circumstances in one or more of the following capacities (not-all-inclusive):
- Task/Project Management
- Weekly Meeting Implementations
- Inventory Management
- Equipment Troubleshooting
- Medical Records Auditing
- Medical/Technical Writing
- OSHA Management
- Controlled Drug Management
- Strong Character - understand that core values are a vital ingredient in our hospital's success.
- Leadership - ability to motivate and promote positive professional tendencies
- Responsible - follow through with what you say you are going to do
- Highly Organized - facilitating efficiency in all aspects of the job
- Self-Motivated - to accept more than just the satus quo
- "Think Outside the Box" - and notice problems and brainstorm, discuss, and implement solutions.
- Technically Savvy - to navigate the computers and software to easily convery ideas into practical tools
- Writing Proficiency - to convey messages and thoughts that truly connect with the target audience
- Excellent Communication - with doctors and others to efficiently collaborate and execute plans.
- Emotionally Intelligent - ability to put yourself in others' shoes to help understand others' needs
- Assertive - enabling you to follow through with others and take lead on projects
- Work Independently - so can execute tasks with little oversight, but with constant communication
- Achieve Quality - by following established systems, yet noticing problems and suggesting solutions
- Humility - to welcome and learn from positive critique and suggestions
- Thoughtful Decision Making Ability - via thorough examination and consideration of all factors resulting in the best direction
The VNC offers competitive salary and benefits. Please fax or email your cover letter and resume, attention Wil Levesque (Hospital Supervisor). If you are contacted for an interview please fill out our Employment Application prior to your arrival.
The Veterinary Neurological Center is the first private neurological hospital in the nation. Since 1986, the Veterinary Neurological Center has been providing comprehensive medical and surgical care for patients with neurological disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system. The VNC is a referral practice in Arizona specializing in the neurological and neurosurgical treatment of small animals. We are dedicated to providing the very best service to every client, patient and veterinarian who refers them to us while creating an enjoyable, challenging environment for our employees to learn and grow.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a Part Time Veterinary Technician Assistant . We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a Client Service Representative. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no opening for a Part-Time CSR Assistant. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.